Breakfast "quesadilla." I use quotes here because I am white as hell and there's no way I can actually pass this off as a quesadilla but I couldn't figure out what else to name it????
Here we go.
- Butter in a small pan
- 1 egg, beaten, salted, and peppered. Do not stir or scramble.
- Sprinkle your veggies over the egg. I used finely chopped bell pepper and spinach, but add literally anything you want. If you do chopped onions, I would put them in the pan with the butter and cook them until translucent before you put the egg in.
- Sprinkle on some shredded cheese of your choice
- Set 1 small flour tortilla over top and leave it there a couple minutes (until eggs are cooked). It's hard to find good tortillas in Knoxville, but if you have to settle for shitty Kroger tortillas, get La Banderita brand. It's pretty good.
- Flip it. Cook the tortilla side.
- Transfer to plate, tortilla side down, and fold over.
- Repeat until you have enough food.
- Serve with salsa verde. Herdez is my favorite canned brand found in most grocery stores, but homemade is better
*If you use a large tortilla, double the egg and other ingredients, obviously.
*If you're making this because you are drunk, cut up your veggies and lay out all your ingredients beforehand because otherwise you will burn your goddamn eggs trying to prep all the shit
*If you're making this because you're hungover, drink water the entire time you are cooking. It's essential to the recipe. Drink at least 16 ounces of water. Maybe take an advil too?
*You can put bacon or sausage on this, fyi. In fact, you can put anything you want on this. Eggs and cheese and a tortilla are the only requirements for this white quesadilla